After a long day, it can be tempting to order takeout for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at Digit 1919, which boasts 1-bedroom apartments in Dallas, would like to suggest this delicious alternative!
So, skip the takeout tonight with this spin on an Italian classic. This Shrimp Parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also similar to many people’s all-time favorite dish, Chicken Parmesan. Made with battered and fried shrimp, marinara sauce, and mozzarella, it’s totally understandable that you want to give it a shot as soon as possible. Check out the ingredients and directions below, courtesy of the premier Dallas luxury apartment for rent.
- 12 ounces jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 32-ounce jar marinara
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Mix the eggs, parmesan, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Dip each shrimp into the batter, coating all sides. Place the shrimp in the skillet and allow the egg and parmesan to form a crust, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, or any oven safe skillet, add the marinara sauce. Heat over medium until the sauce is heated through. Place the shrimp on top of the marinara sauce, then top each shrimp with one tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Turn your broiler on high and place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and top with grated parmesan and chopped fresh parsley for garnish. Serve with your favorite low carb pasta alternative.