Struggling with insomnia? The inability to fall or stay asleep is a condition that plagues all of us at one point or another, with many of us experiencing habitual sleep problems. Aside from medication, there are a few home remedies to sleeplessness, including stress-relieving techniques. But, what you may not know is that certain foods can combat sleeplessness, as well. Here are six foods that may prevent insomnia.
• Walnuts. Walnuts are rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that boosts serotonin and melatonin – or, the two chemicals responsible for relaxing your mind and regulating your natural sleep cycle.
• Almonds. Almonds are a highly nutritious snack and can help you sleep better at night. That's because almonds contain magnesium, which reduces the severity of headaches and stress.
• Warm milk. Ever notice how dairy products seem to make you drowsy? Chalk it up to the calcium content in these foods. Calcium promotes melatonin production. Intensify these effects by warming up a cup of milk and drinking it before bed.
• Bananas. Potassium and magnesium are the star nutrients of bananas if you’re hoping to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. These natural muscle relaxants help you enjoy a great night’s sleep.
• Lettuce. You might not think of lettuce as a sleep-inducer, but its concentration of lactucarium possesses sedative properties that reduce inflammation. Though you won’t fall into a dreamlike state after consuming lettuce, you might feel less overall tension – which is conducive to sleep.
• Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are a rich source of vitamin B6, vitamin A, and complex carbohydrates, all of which act as sleep-inducing agents in the body. What’s more, potatoes prevent the production of certain stomach acids that cause sleeplessness.
Digit 1919 Apartments in Dallas, Texas goes out of our way to ensure that you live the lifestyle you have always desired and deserved. These helpful tips go beyond the scope of services we offer in our community, in order to provide you with a more efficient routine.